Recipe by Gatorbek
Got this recipe off the web years ago, quick and easy "set it and forget it", and absolutely delicious over rice!
Top Review by SpicySportGirl
I used 3 skinless boneless thighs, 4 boneless, skinless breasts, doubled other ingredients. Cooked only 6 hours on low. Good thing I checked as no sauce left. Less soy sauce, more ginger & cayenne pepper, maybe? Agree with other poster, too peanut buttery. Just OK.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, sometimes I use 4 thighs and 4 breasts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy to your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper.
- Place chicken pieces in a crock pot.
- Spoon sauce mixture over top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting about 7 hours or until chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- The chicken should start to shred easily.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and stir peanut butter into juices until smooth.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve with rice.