Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this recipe off the web years ago, quick and easy "set it and forget it", and absolutely delicious over rice!
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper.
- Place chicken pieces in a crock pot.
- Spoon sauce mixture over top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting about 7 hours or until chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- The chicken should start to shred easily.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and stir peanut butter into juices until smooth.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve with rice.
I used 3 skinless boneless thighs, 4 boneless, skinless breasts, doubled other ingredients. Cooked only 6 hours on low. Good thing I checked as no sauce left. Less soy sauce, more ginger & cayenne pepper, maybe? Agree with other poster, too peanut buttery. Just OK.
This was a wonderful dish! I used regular bone in thighs and they cooked all day. They fell off the bone they were so moist. I did half the recipe but kept the regular amount of sauce and used low sodium soy sauce. I also added some honey and additional salt with the peanut butter. Thanks for the easy weeknight dinner recipe!
It had an ok taste, the peanut butter was overpowering.