1/3 Photos of Crock Pot Indonesian Beef or Pork
8 hrs 30 mins
Created for my crock pot and very easy to make! Indonesian food is very much part of the Dutch cuisine and food culture and goes back to colonial days, it is very popular in The Netherlands. This is good when just made but even better the day after or after freezing. Add as many chilies or sambal to bring it up to your own desired spiciness. If you cannot get lime leaves sub with some lime zest, it's not the same but it's the best substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs stewing beef or 2 lbs pork, 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 piece peeled gingerroot, approx 2 inches
- 1/2 cup ketjap manis (sweet soy)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 green chilies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (fresh or dried)
- 1Put all ingredients in your food-processor except the meat, oil and the lime leaves.
- 2Process until almost like a paste.
- 3Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion mixture on medium heat for approx 5 minutes.
- 4Turn up the heat and add the meat, stir and fry for another 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer to the crock pot, add the lime leaves and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, depending on your crock pot.
- 6When done taste and add more sambal if desired.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Indonesian Beef or Pork
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.0
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.1 mg
- Sodium 189.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 51.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves