Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Serve with flatbread. Think pat's idea about adding fresh green beans might work.
Make and share this Crock Pot Indonesian Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml flour
- 907.18 g beef chuck, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 22.18 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, 3/4 inch pieces
- 236.59 ml carrot, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 44.37 ml reduced soy sauce
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 386.12 g light coconut milk
- 1.23 ml salt
- 3 large pita bread, cut into wedges
- parsley, chopped (optional)
- low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
- Line crockpot with crockpot liner.
- Put flour into ziplock, add beef, and shake until meat is coated.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over, sauté beef.
- Meanwhile put veggies in bottom of crockpot.
- Transfer beef to crockpot, deglaze skillet with soy, scraping up any brown bits and pour over beef.
- In medium bowl, mix together curry, ginger, bay leaf, garlic powder, and cayenne, stir in coconut milk, pour over all in crock pot. Wait on salt. :).
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in salt.
- Serve over pita or naan bread with parsley, yogurt, and lime.
O'kay made as per recipe though added more light cocnut milk (I had 2 cans of at 270ml each which made it a little watery) but still added was a good meal which I served with some rice, naan bread (to soal up those delicious juices) and some steamed greens on the side (would suggest adding greens, maybe beans to make a full one pot meal). Thank you WiGal, made for ZAAR Stars tag game (under 24 horu rule).