1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Indonesian Beef
8 hrs 15 mins
Serve with flatbread. Think pat's idea about adding fresh green beans might work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 13 5/8 ounces light coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large pita bread, cut into wedges
- parsley, chopped (optional)
- low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
- 1Line crockpot with crockpot liner.
- 2Put flour into ziplock, add beef, and shake until meat is coated.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over, sauté beef.
- 4Meanwhile put veggies in bottom of crockpot.
- 5Transfer beef to crockpot, deglaze skillet with soy, scraping up any brown bits and pour over beef.
- 6In medium bowl, mix together curry, ginger, bay leaf, garlic powder, and cayenne, stir in coconut milk, pour over all in crock pot. Wait on salt. :).
- 7Cover and cook on high for 6 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- 8Remove bay leaf and stir in salt.
- 9Serve over pita or naan bread with parsley, yogurt, and lime.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Indonesian Beef
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.7
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 867.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 32.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk