Serve with flatbread. Think pat's idea about adding fresh green beans might work.
Make and share this Crock Pot Indonesian Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 13 5⁄8 ounces light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large pita bread, cut into wedges
- parsley, chopped (optional)
- low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
- Line crockpot with crockpot liner.
- Put flour into ziplock, add beef, and shake until meat is coated.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over, sauté beef.
- Meanwhile put veggies in bottom of crockpot.
- Transfer beef to crockpot, deglaze skillet with soy, scraping up any brown bits and pour over beef.
- In medium bowl, mix together curry, ginger, bay leaf, garlic powder, and cayenne, stir in coconut milk, pour over all in crock pot. Wait on salt. :).
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in salt.
- Serve over pita or naan bread with parsley, yogurt, and lime.