Recipe by WiGal
Serve with flatbread. Think pat's idea about adding fresh green beans might work.
Top Review by I'mPat
O'kay made as per recipe though added more light cocnut milk (I had 2 cans of at 270ml each which made it a little watery) but still added was a good meal which I served with some rice, naan bread (to soal up those delicious juices) and some steamed greens on the side (would suggest adding greens, maybe beans to make a full one pot meal). Thank you WiGal, made for ZAAR Stars tag game (under 24 horu rule).
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 13 5⁄8 ounces light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large pita bread, cut into wedges
- parsley, chopped (optional)
- low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line crockpot with crockpot liner.
- Put flour into ziplock, add beef, and shake until meat is coated.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over, sauté beef.
- Meanwhile put veggies in bottom of crockpot.
- Transfer beef to crockpot, deglaze skillet with soy, scraping up any brown bits and pour over beef.
- In medium bowl, mix together curry, ginger, bay leaf, garlic powder, and cayenne, stir in coconut milk, pour over all in crock pot. Wait on salt. :).
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in salt.
- Serve over pita or naan bread with parsley, yogurt, and lime.