Recipe by Garnet
This is absolutely delicious and a real favorite in our house.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is fantastic. I was abit concerned with the amount of salt, especially with using ketchup, but it was perfect. I used imported paprika..1 t. mild, 1 t. hot. Just before serving I stirred in some sour cream and served it over extra wide buttered noodles, a leafy green salad and warm crusty french bread...oh God I gotta run to the store and get the stuff to make it again..this is making me hungry! Great recipe Garnet, I will make this often.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meat in crockpot and cover with sliced onion.
- Combine garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, paprika and mustard Stir in water, mix well, and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Turn control to high.
- Dissolve flour in a small amount of cold water and stir into meat mixture.
- Cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve over noodles or rice.