Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I found this recipe in Women's World Magazine. It's pretty easy to make and tastes great.
Make and share this Crock Pot Hungarian Beef Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Place onions and carrots in crock pot.
- Combine next four ingredients; toss beef with this mixture and add to crock pot.
- Combine broth, wine, tomato paste, paprika and garlic; pour over beef.
- Cover crock pot and cook 7-8 hours on low.
- When stew is ready cook noodles and transfer to platter.
- Stir sour cream into stew.
- Top noodles with stew.
This was good, it made the meat really tender.. could have used something else for flavour, but we enjoyed it.
Delicious, easy to make recipe. Thanks for a great recipe!
Perfect Recipe! I used vegetable broth in lieu of the beef broth and wine and it was excellent.