Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A tender pineapple chicken dish that is guaranteed to be gobbled up by kids and adults alike. You can also add peppers, they just aren't a big hit in our house. Toss everything in the crock pot (even frozen chicken breasts!) and come home to a complete meal that just needs to be served over rice. This was an entry in RSC #13. Enjoy!
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml dried ginger
- 9.85 ml chicken bouillon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can use frozen, see below)
- 538.64 g can pineapple chunks, reserve juice
- 473.18 ml baby carrots, cut in half
- Pour honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger, bouillon and pineapple juice in the crock pot and stir.
- Lay chicken on bottom of pot and cover with carrots and pineapple chunks.
- Cook in your crock pot for 4-6 hours on low or 3-4 on high. If you are using frozen chicken breast, just add another hour on low or 1/2 hour on high.
- I actually like the thinner sauce for this one. A reviewer suggested thickening the sauce, so I will include CarrolJ's recommendation - after the meat, carrots and pineapple are removed, add 1/2 cup of water mixed with 4 Tablespoons of cornstarch. Then cook the sauce until thickened and smooth.
This was outstanding. I made the recipe as-is, except I didn't think it was enough liquid, so I doubled the sauce, which ended up being too much, and boiled over. Yikes! I also cut an onion and orange bell pepper into bite-sized chunks, and added those to the crockpot as well. The leftovers were great as well. I served this with coconut rice, and the sauce from this dish was amazing with the rice. This is a keeper!
This is an easy crockpot recipe that my family LOVED. It's a great change from the "everyday" chicken dishes~ DD was still talking about it this morning~ SHOCKING ~ ** I added a slurry of cornstarch and water to the juice about 2 hrs. before serving to thicken the sauce **
I thought this was a fantastic recipe! I love slow cooker chicken recipes that use white meat. This was very flavorful and beyond easy. I used frozen skinless chicken breasts but only three (they were big). Set to 7 hrs on low and it was perfect. A few other tweaks: Reduced the soy, skipped the bouillon and swapped in 1 Tbsp of red curry paste for a little kick. Topped with a bag of frozen veggies and that was that! The sauce was great as-is.