Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Low carb breakfast as easy as it is delicious. For a simple dinner just layer some shredded lettuce and re-fried beans onto the tortilla before the eggs.
- Grease crock pot with the butter (leaving any excess in the pot), and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, Mexican cheese, pepper, and chili powder.
- Add the garlic and chilies, and stir.
- Pour mixture into the crock pot, cover, and cook on LOW for 3 hours and 45 minutes (longer may cause the edges to burn).
- Remove lid and top with enchilada sauce and cheddar cheese.
- Replace lid and cook until sauce is warm and cheese is melted (15 minutes).
- Top tortillas with eggs and serve.
GREAT! I used oil in the crockpot instead of butter, and skipped the green chilis. Instead of enchilada sauce, I used leftover salsa. I made this for DH, who loved it and ate it over hashbrowns. Thanks for posting, great recipe.
Love it! I made this for dinner and had 3 happy kids! I didn't have cream so I used 2% milk. I added green pepper and cherry tomatoes from my garden. I was worried that the enchilada sauce would be too spice for my 6 year old so I increased the eggs to a dozen. This may be our new Friday night favorite! Thanks!
I made this for lunch for a work crowd and it went over very well. The only thing I omitted was the enchilada sauce; I served it with black bean salsa instead. Also, I cooked it 3 hours on low, instead of 4. It's a great way to make eggs and perfect for brunch or breakfast for dinner or lunch. Thanks, littleturtle!