Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These are really wonderful, you can add more Franks or some Cayenne pepper if you want to make them hotter. As is, they are pretty mild.
- 2 lbs chicken wings, tips removed, seperated
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a crock pot on low heat for 8 hours.
- Remove wings from crock pot and place on a cookie sheet or broiling pan.
- Pour sauce into a saucepan and reduce by half.
- Add minced garlic.
- Spoon sauce over wings and broil for 3 minutes.
Good flavor but chicken fell apart after 8 hours of cooking.
This recipe was wonderful! My husband loved these and ate them up quickly. I was quite impressed because he is such a picky eater! The only thing I did differently was that I broiled the wings on both sides for three min. each.
great recipe, I doubled it for a work party, everyone loved them