Recipe by Sharon123
I have really been getting into hot cereals lately. This is a good one, cause you just put the cereal in the crock pot, and let it do the work! All these grains go into the crock pot uncooked. The proportions are critical in this recipe. Use any combination of whole grains you would like, as long as the total equals one cup, for every three cups of water used.
Top Review by katew
A great and innovative new type of breakfast for me and so wonderful to do it in the crock pot. Timing was perfect for me and as I had no millet I just doubled the burghul. I added cranberries and banana instead of dried fruit. Made for Sharon.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons bulgur
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown rice
- 2 tablespoons barley
- 2 tablespoons millet
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried mixed fruit, plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the inside of the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all the grains, the dried fruit and cinnamon in crock pot and mix well.
- Stir in water and vanilla.
- Cover crock pot and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. Check occasionally, and stir to prevent sticking.
- Stir the cereal before serving.
- You can add more water to change the texture.