I have really been getting into hot cereals lately. This is a good one, cause you just put the cereal in the crock pot, and let it do the work! All these grains go into the crock pot uncooked. The proportions are critical in this recipe. Use any combination of whole grains you would like, as long as the total equals one cup, for every three cups of water used.
- Spray the inside of the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all the grains, the dried fruit and cinnamon in crock pot and mix well.
- Stir in water and vanilla.
- Cover crock pot and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. Check occasionally, and stir to prevent sticking.
- Stir the cereal before serving.
- You can add more water to change the texture.