Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy and good.
- 1⁄2 lb lean pork
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot, cut to strips
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic and red chile paste
- 1 cup firm tofu, cubed to 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- sliced green onion top (to garnish)
- Put all ingredients except green onion tops in crock pot.
- Cook covered for about 8 hours on low.
- When ready, serve topped with green onion tops.
Didn't come close to tasting like hot and sour soup.
Tasted just like Chinese take out. Great recipe!
This just didn't work for me somehow. I knew I'd alter it some but it still just did not get the taste I like in hot and sour soup. I used only chicken stock, added soaked fungus and chinese mushrooms, extra chile sauce and extra vinegar after it was cooked. I then thickened it with corn starch. Sorry Darlene but it just didn't do it somehow??