Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a nice fudgie cake for dessert. The cake can stand while you are whipping up a quick main course eg a grill and salad.
- Spray inside of 2- 3 1/2 quart crock with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, 2 TBS cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl.
- Stir in hot water until smooth.
- Pour evenly over batter in crock.
- Cover and cook on high 2- 2 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn off crock.
- Let cake stand uncovered 30- 40 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes.
- Spoon sauce over top.
- 6 servings.
Good cake!!!! Thanks Chrissy,This cake is very good,not hard to make,and I am a chocoholic,so this is a very tasty addiction.But You Do need to let people know the SAUCE is on the bottom,i kept wandering if I had not read the recipe right,but when I ran my knife around the edges to loosen it ,I found the Sauce,It is Delicious too,I love anything that tastes like fudge.Thanks again, Darlene Summers
Very easy to make and quite delicious. When serving, I put a piece of warm cake into a bowl, covered it with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, then spooned the sauce over the both. A great dessert. Thanks for posting.
This turned out identical to a family favorite that I do in the oven, which is great!!! Now I will be able to put it on and walk away. Because of the similarities to the recipe I've traditionally used, I knew the pudding-like sauce would end up on the bottom (the cake floats up as it bakes). We dish it up, flipping the cake upside down into our serving dishes and then spoon some of the sauce over it. It turns out rich and moist...will definitely assuage a chocolate attack...Thanks for sharing this Chrissy!!!