Recipe by Chrissyo
This is a nice fudgie cake for dessert. The cake can stand while you are whipping up a quick main course eg a grill and salad.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Good cake!!!! Thanks Chrissy,This cake is very good,not hard to make,and I am a chocoholic,so this is a very tasty addiction.But You Do need to let people know the SAUCE is on the bottom,i kept wandering if I had not read the recipe right,but when I ran my knife around the edges to loosen it ,I found the Sauce,It is Delicious too,I love anything that tastes like fudge.Thanks again, Darlene Summers
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray inside of 2- 3 1/2 quart crock with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, 2 TBS cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl.
- Stir in hot water until smooth.
- Pour evenly over batter in crock.
- Cover and cook on high 2- 2 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn off crock.
- Let cake stand uncovered 30- 40 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes.
- Spoon sauce over top.
- 6 servings.