Prep 7 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I made this up with a bunch of things I had on hand -- came out so yummy.
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans (any variety )
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pink beans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 (12 ounce) package beef hot dogs (i like kosher hot dogs)
- Put everything in a crock pot.
- Cook at high for 2 hours or low for 4 or more.
Very good, quick and easy. Very good for lunch for wrok. Will make again and again.
I had a lonely can of pink beans that had been sitting in my cupboard for about 6 months and I was tired of my old standby "beans & rice" so I searched by ingredient and found this! To be honest, I've only eaten Beenie Weenies and never made it from scratch but this was SUPER simple. My 6 yr old loved it but the red pepper flakes made it too spicy for him. I would omit those next time. Thanks petlover!