Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a great supper to serve at a child's birthday party. Not too shabby a meal for the family as well.
- In the crock pot, combine chili with beans, tomato paste, green pepper, onion, mustard, salt, and chili powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- In large saucepan, drop frankfurters into boiling water; simmer several minutes.
- Toast buns.
- Serve frankfurter on each bun.
- Spoon chili mixture onto frankfurters.
I cooked this in my mini crockpot for an hour, and it was just the right consistency. Pretty good.
Delicious, fun-to-eat and easy-to-make -- what more can you ask for. We had this with tortilla chips and ice cream sandwiches using paper plates for almost no clean up! The chili sauce is also perfect for dipping tortilla chips. Thanks Mirj for sharing!