Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Jo Merrill, this sounds like it would be good for a large holiday group.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 gallon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add hot water slowly, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Add milk; heat to serving temperature, stirring occasionally. DO NOT boil.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla, cinnamon if desired, and whip with a whisk.
- Serve hot, with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.
- This recipe can be doubled and kept in crockpot for easier serving to large groups.
Super easy and yummy! Perfect for this snow day! I love its simplicity.
Wonderful cocoa! I couldnt wait for the weekend to make this for my family since it is so very cold outside tonight. Made enough for 4 servings and had enough for two large mugs of cocoa. I added 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and loved the flavor. Thank you lazyme for posting this recipe! I am sure my whole family will enjoy this when I make it in the crock pot. Made and reviewed for the Zaar Tag game.
I scaled this down and my husband and I enjoyed it very much with some cinnamon toast! Mild and so tasty! Thanks! Made for photo tag.