Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Honeyed lamb cooked in the crock pot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, for thickening
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 300 ml dry cider
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- Preheat crock pot on high.
- Heat butter in large skillet and brown lamb on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Stir the cornstarch and ginger into the butter mixing well.
- Add cider and honey and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture over the lamb.
- Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Cook on HIGH for 5-7 hours or until cooked through depending on your crock pot.
- Baste once or twice during cooking.
AWSOME recipe - five stars for taste and five stars for easy preparation! Made exactly as written without changes, and it turned out wonderfully. After 5 hours on high the meat was so tender it fell apart. Served with brown sugar roasted carrots, onions and apples. Will make this again! Thanks for posting this keeper.
Made for Harvets Moon Apple Festival of the Diabetes Forum.
Great taste and so tender! The extra sauce in the bottom of the pot made a great match poured lightly over mesclun, corn and a few other salad vegetables. And for others that want to try this great recipe don't forget that Australian cider is alcoholic cider not apple juice or extract.
Made as directed, no changes. Thanks to Peter J, I used an organic hard cider. Served atop my Low-Carb Fauxtatoes/Cauliflower Deluxe. Thanks, Jewelies! Made for Recipe Swap #15.