Recipe by Jewelies
Honeyed lamb cooked in the crock pot
Top Review by Mia in Germany
AWSOME recipe - five stars for taste and five stars for easy preparation! Made exactly as written without changes, and it turned out wonderfully. After 5 hours on high the meat was so tender it fell apart. Served with brown sugar roasted carrots, onions and apples. Will make this again! Thanks for posting this keeper.
Made for Harvets Moon Apple Festival of the Diabetes Forum.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, for thickening
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 300 ml dry cider
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat crock pot on high.
- Heat butter in large skillet and brown lamb on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Stir the cornstarch and ginger into the butter mixing well.
- Add cider and honey and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture over the lamb.
- Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Cook on HIGH for 5-7 hours or until cooked through depending on your crock pot.
- Baste once or twice during cooking.