Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is so easy to put together, and great served with cooked noodles. I have many crock pot recipes that I have collected over the years, and this is one of them, hope you enjoy! Please adjust amounts to taste. Double the sauce amount if using more than 3 pounds of beef. Add in a sliced onion also if desired. This will also work well with a small beef blade roast, you might want to brown the roast firstly before adding to the crock pot and double the sauce amount, cook until the roast is fork-tender.
- 3 lbs short rib of beef
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup bottled hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Season ribs with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine mustard, minced garlic, honey, BBQ sauce, and more salt and pepper to taste.
- At this point, you may add the water with the cornstarch in with the sauce, or add it the last 30 minutes of cooking; just mix the 2 tbsp cornstarch in 2 tbsp water; add to sauce, stir.
- (Remember to double the water and cornstarch if you have doubled the sauce recipe).
- Pour the sauce over ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW, for 6-7 hours, or until tender.
- The last 30 minutes of cooking, mix the cornstarch with the water; add to the sauce in the crock pot, stir and cook until thickened.
- Note: the sauce recipe may be doubled if desired, for more sauce.
I decided to make this too late for a crock pot, so I browned my short ribs (mine were boneless) and double the sauce and baked for 3 hours at 325 degrees. I added one beer to mine because I was afraid the sauce would burn because of the thickness of the sauce and the higher temp I was using. WOW! These were delicious! It was a testiment to my will power not to break into them before dinner. OK, I snuck a little piece :)
OMG, Out of this world short ribs. The best iv'e ever made. Goes great with twice baked potatoes and a lovley salad. Yummmm