Recipe by Audrey M
This recipe comes from a Women's Day Magazine. It is a quick recipe to make with ingredients you would have on hand.
Top Review by ct in ut
The apple juice was the key ingredient for me. I doubled the ingredients & it still wasn't enough to cover the ham but roast, but the taste was delicious. I cooked a 6 lb. ham on high for 4 hours & it came out very moist but not falling apart which was perfect for carving. Thanks for the nice recipe!
- 5 lbs bone in fully cooked smoked ham
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ham in 4 to 6 quart slow cooker. Add apple juice. Mix brown sugar, honey and mustard; spread over ham.
- Cover and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours or until ham is hot and glazed.
- Remove ham from slow cooker; place on cutting board. Cut ham in half; reserve one half. Cut remaining half into slices; place on serving platter to serve.
- Note: Cut reserved ham into 1/2 inch cubes. Place 1 1/2 cups cubes in a resealable plastic fod storage bags. Seal and label bags with date of preparation. Refrigerate both bags up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month for later use. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator befoore using.