Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe comes from a Women's Day Magazine. It is a quick recipe to make with ingredients you would have on hand.
- 5 lbs bone in fully cooked smoked ham
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Place ham in 4 to 6 quart slow cooker. Add apple juice. Mix brown sugar, honey and mustard; spread over ham.
- Cover and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours or until ham is hot and glazed.
- Remove ham from slow cooker; place on cutting board. Cut ham in half; reserve one half. Cut remaining half into slices; place on serving platter to serve.
- Note: Cut reserved ham into 1/2 inch cubes. Place 1 1/2 cups cubes in a resealable plastic fod storage bags. Seal and label bags with date of preparation. Refrigerate both bags up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month for later use. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator befoore using.
The apple juice was the key ingredient for me. I doubled the ingredients & it still wasn't enough to cover the ham but roast, but the taste was delicious. I cooked a 6 lb. ham on high for 4 hours & it came out very moist but not falling apart which was perfect for carving. Thanks for the nice recipe!
I used a small of what is now called a cottage roll (not like the good old cottage rolls). It came out moist, tender and flavorful. Hardly any work and no fuss. Dinner was enjoyed by all Thanks Audrey for posting this recipe
This is the most tender and flavourful ham I have ever eaten. My husband and I just love it and I think we've found our new way of making ham.