11 hrs 10 mins
While getting my hair "restored", cut and styled, I found this recipe in the 11/03 issue of Women's Day. I like the long cooking time, gives you all day to do other things - like getting your hair restored !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) box leek soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 lbs lean boneless chuck roast
- 12 ounces carrots, sliced
- 8 ounces parsnips, sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1Add bouillon to water, stir to dissolve and pour into crock pot.
- 2Add tomatoes, wine, soup mix, Worcestershire, garlic and herbs and mix to combine.
- 3Add roast and turn to coat with mixture.
- 4Add vegetables, cover and cook on Low 9-11 hours.
- 5Remove roast and cover with foil.
- 6Turn cooker up to High, whisk flour and water until smooth, add to the pot and stir to combine.
- 7Cover and cook another 10 minutes or until thickened.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Home Again Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.3
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 199.7 mg
- Sodium 525.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 66.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
leek soup mix