Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple recipe for that delightful holiday fragrance to scent your home or office for the entire season. This mixture of apple juice & spices is a joy to share with your friends and family. ***THIS IS NOT A BEVERAGE, USE ONLY AS A FRAGRANCE*** This recipe came from the Grand Prix Gift Shop in Pulaski, TN.
- 1 quart apple juice
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package pickling spices
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package whole cloves
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package cinnamon stick
- Mix ingredients in crock pot and add water to fill container.
- Bring to boil on high and then simmer on low for as long as you desire.
- This mixture will last about one week.
- If you wish to use it again, strain out the spices and add fresh apple juice and water.
- Be sure to re-use your spices in the next brew, maybe adding a little more.
- Please note "THIS IS NOT A BEVERAGE, USE ONLY AS A FRAGRANCE"
Followed Dew Drops suggestion and used my Little Dipper with this recipe. The house smelt great and now I have another use for my Little Dipper Crock Pot. Thanks for posting.
Wonderful fragrance,Kelly! Not just for holidays,all year long. I have a Rival Little Dipper Crockpot,that I keep on a kitchen counter.I just fill the pot with the juice,add a couple of tablespoons of the pickling spices and whole cloves,and two cinnamon sticks.I keep this fragrance simmering all day. My only suggestion to the readers of this review,is make sure you use apple juice,not apple cider.The first time I made this,I only had apple cider,well it turns into a thick syrup.What a mess getting it out of the crockpot.lol Thanks for the 5* winner,Kelly.