Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
On my to try list. From http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/.
- 2 -3 lbs frozen chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup prepared hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- I used a 4 qt round crockpot for this dish. It was a perfect size.
- Dump chicken into crockpot.
- Add the Hoisin sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 4-5.
- Stir well to mix flavors.
- Cook on high for another 30 minutes.
I made this recipe with hesitation since I had never tasted hoisin sauce. I prepared the recipe as directed but found the hoisin taste too strong. I thought the honey would amp the taste but was disappointed. I served this to guests and we all agreed that it did not have a very good flavor.