Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This chicken is very good! To cut down the cooking time and add more flavor to the chicken, you might want to season the chicken with salt and pepper and then brown in a skillet for about 6-8 minutes per side before cooking in the crock pot. All ingredients can be adjusted to taste or doubled.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce or 1⁄4 cup plum chutney
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic, good to add (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl (except the chicken pieces).
- Add the chicken to the mixture; coat well.
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 5-6 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice.
Very good chicken recipe. I would definitely make this again if I had all the ingredients on hand. Plum Sauce was a little hard to find in my area, so while I enjoyed this Hoisin Chicken, I wouldn't go out my way to find the plum sauce.
Another winner from my favorite Zaary. REally good. Made a huge batch and put in large crock pot on low for about 4 hours, then switched to warm for another hour. SErved with Kitten's fried rice. Amazing! Will make often. Thanks for another great one.
This is a wonderfully Asian inspired crock pot dish! I made as directed, although I guessed at a high or low setting on the crockpot; I ended up starting out at high, then turning it down to low after about 3 hours. This would be nicer garnished with toasted sesame seeds! Thanks, Kittencal! Made for Potluck Tag.