- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 8 ounces hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, sliced water chestnuts and chopped scallions in slow cooker.
- Mix together hoisin sauce, wine, and five spice powder. Pour over the chicken mixture in the slowcooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or fine noodles.