8 hrs 45 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
I can't really take much of the credit for this recipe. It's just the result of ideas I've purloined over the years. When I take it to a potluck I've learned to have a half dozen copies of the recipe with me. I freeze it one cup at a time in sandwich size zip lock bags. It reheats quite well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pinto beans, sorted and washed
- 3/4 cup baby lima beans, sorted and washed
- 3/4 cup navy beans, sorted and washed
- 3/4 cup kidney bean, sorted and washed
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (KC Masterpiece, original)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Coleman's dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups green beans, fresh, cut bite size
- 1/4 lb bacon, cut bite size
- 3 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 pasilla chilies, roasted, skins scrapped clean, seeded, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1Mix the dry beans and soak over night.
- 2Next day drain and rinse the beans.
- 3Place first 10 ingredients in crock pot set on low.
- 4Fry bacon 'til well done but not crisp. Remove and drain.
- 5Pour off all but 2 TBS of the grease.
- 6Saute (stir Fry) onions, chilies, and celery 'til onions are translucent.
- 7Remove and drain.
- 8Brown and crumble the ground chuck.
- 9Add bacon, onions, chilies, and chuck to crock pot.
- 10(If they need more liquid use chicken stock.).
- 11Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours. remove from heat, cool overnight.
- 12The next day return to heat for 3-4 hours, serve.
- 13Goes great with corn tortillas, corn bread. or corn sticks. (corn bread cooked in a bread stick pan.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Hobo Beans from Scratch (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 827.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 22.0 g