This steak is wonderful served over rice or broccoli. It has a fragrance to die for as you walk into your home from a long day out!
- 2 lbs beef round steak
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Trim fat from steak.
- Cut meat into serving size portions.
- In a skillet brown meat in hot oil.
- Slice onion and place in bottom of 4 quart crock pot.
- Place browned meat atop onion.
- In a bowl combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat.
- Cook on high heat setting for 5 hours.
- Serve over rice with steamed broccoli side dish.