Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Yummy chicken and shrimp dinner. Adapted from Quick Cooking and modified to suit our tastes.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine salt and pepper and rub over the chicken pieces.
- In a skillet, brown chicken on all sides in butter.
- Transfer chicken to crock pot.
- In a bowl combine the onion, tomato sauce, wine or broth, garlic and basil and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until juices run clear.
- Stir in the shrimp.
- Cover and cook on high for 20-30 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
wow this is fantastic. So easy and tasty we loved it. thanks bmcnichol Made for Beverage tag 2008