Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is so easy and delicious and results in a hearty, tender beef roast with rich gravy and tender vegetables.
- 2 lbs beef roast, sirloin
- 1 lb potato, small (I use young red potatoes or fingerlings)
- 1 lb carrot, baby (or peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, medium, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine (Merlot, Burgundy, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, etc.)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- Place roast in crock pot. Add garlic, onion, potatoes, carrots and seasonings.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup of beef broth and flour. Pour into crock pot over meat and vegetables. Then pour in Worcestershire sauce, red wine and remaining broth.
- Set crock pot on high and cook for 4-6 hours or cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- To serve, carefully remove meat to a platter and arrange vegetables around the roast and serve with gravy.