7 hrs 15 mins
Audrey M's Note:
A warm winter time meal served with homemade rye bread. MMMMM.....good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, cut 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups peeled parsnips, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups peeled butternut squash, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaf
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1In a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker, mix together all the ingredients except the flour and margarine.
- 2Cover and cook on Low heat 6 to 7 hours or until pork is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- 3Mix flour and margarine; gradually stir into stew until well blended.
- 4Turn slow cooker to high and cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Hearty Pork Stew
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 622.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves