Recipe by Seasoned Cook
PORK never tasted so good!!! Tender, juicy pineapple sauce sends this recipe to the top of the scale! Not too sweet and a beautiful dish for guests! Easy dinner while you work or shop. Serve on top of buttered rice!
Top Review by Anonymous
Good start but it needed a lot of love to do all that pork justice. I upped the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and added 3 T soy sauce and a small can of medium hot chilies. I also reduced the pineapple juice so it had a strong pineapple flavor.
- 2 -3 pork tenderloin, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) pineapple tidbits (drained well)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet lightly brown pork pieces slowly in vegetable oil. Remove from skillet and place in bottom of crock pot.
- In same skillet cook onion and celery just until tender, but not browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 1 minute. Pour sauce over pork pieces in crock pot.
- Turn crock pot on high for 1st hour and then to low for 3-4 hours.
- Note: If using optional green pepper, brown with onion and celery.
- Note: If you want sauce thicker, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch during last 30 minutes.
- Great served over buttered rice!