Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
PORK never tasted so good!!! Tender, juicy pineapple sauce sends this recipe to the top of the scale! Not too sweet and a beautiful dish for guests! Easy dinner while you work or shop. Serve on top of buttered rice!
- 2 -3 pork tenderloin, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) pineapple tidbits (drained well)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- In a skillet lightly brown pork pieces slowly in vegetable oil. Remove from skillet and place in bottom of crock pot.
- In same skillet cook onion and celery just until tender, but not browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 1 minute. Pour sauce over pork pieces in crock pot.
- Turn crock pot on high for 1st hour and then to low for 3-4 hours.
- Note: If using optional green pepper, brown with onion and celery.
- Note: If you want sauce thicker, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch during last 30 minutes.
- Great served over buttered rice!
Not bad, but not that flavorful. Needs something, but I didn't know what. Honey? Soy sauce?
This was terrific. I used 1.5 lb of pork loin. Put it together during my lunch hour and it was done by 5:30. Used 1/2 green pepper. Delicious!
This came out beautifully and was neither too sweet nor sour, the ingredients worked really well together. I did manage to slightly burn a few pieces of pork but that was my bad because I've got a large slow cooker and didn't think to do what I normally do for smaller quantities of putting it on an angle to let everything sit up one end. It had a great aroma while cooking and was great served over buttered rice as suggested!