Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Sweet and sour flavored sauce with chicken pieces and oriental vegetables. Nice for us soccer moms on those nights when everyone is going different directions at different times. Once cooked, you can hold on lowest setting and each family member can dish up whenever they're ready to eat.
- 566.99 g chicken tenderloins
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 226.79 g can sliced water chestnuts
- 226.79 g can pineapple chunks
- 118.29 ml sweet and sour sauce
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 255.14 g package frozen oriental-style vegetables
- Combine chicken and soy sauce in slow cooker and mix to coat. Stir in carrots, water chestnuts, and juice only from pineapples.
- Cook on Low setting for 3 to 4 hours. Refrigerate pineapples until later.
- Twenty minutes before serving, turn heat to High setting. Whisk together sweet and sour sauce, ginger, and cornstarch. Add to crock pot, along with pineapple and vegetables.
- When vegetables are tender, the dish is ready to serve or hold on low. I often serve with white rice.
Made this dinner for the family and it was enjoyed. The flavor is very nice. We are sauce people and would have liked more sauce but what there was, was good. The only thing to watch is the drying out of the chicken if kept on hold too long. Also the frozen veggies when cooking added a great amount of liquid. The combination of the meat, veggies and the add ins of carrot and water chestnuts was good. Good weeknight meal. Thanks for posting Lexingtonmom. Made for My 3-Chefs November 2009. Enjoy. ChefDLH
This was easy and filling, but a little bland. We didn't keep the left-overs, but nobody left the table hungry.
So easy and so GOOD! Thank you!