Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
The creamy French salad dressing really compliments this dish. A very nice touch to the chicken. Try it...so easy and a wonderful flavor. Serve this with brown rice....DELICIOUS!!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut the halves in half
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, drained, reserve juice
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlecreamy French dressing
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Place the chicken in crock pot.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple juice, salad dressing, onion soup mix and lemon peel.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, arrange pineapple slices and green pepper strips over chicken to heat through.
- Arrange chicken, pineapple and green pepper on large serving platter.
- If desired, thicken juices with 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water.
- Stir slowly into juices until thickened slightly.
- Pour over chicken.
I have a house full of picky eaters, but this recipe still earned an overall 4 star rating from them!!! I cooked the chicken (used 4 thighs) in an electric roaster because my crockpot was too small for the job. I also added 1/3 cup brown sugar, and cooked at 325* for about 1 1/2 hours. Next time I will let the chicken marinate since the roaster cooks more quickly. Lots of flavor and easy to make. When I asked "should I make this again?", I got a unanimous "YES"! Definite keeper!
This was delicious if you like food on the sweeter side. This is a slam dunk. Thanks for the recipe!
Very good and easy to prepare. I used Kraft Catalina with Honey dressing. Was a big hit on New Years day! Thanks Merlot.