Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
FAMILY FAVORITE!! Even my extended relatives have caught on to this recipe! Not overly sweet and with just the right flavors. Your dinner cooks while you work or shop! Great served over buttered rice!
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) pineapple tidbits (drained well)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet lightly brown chicken pieces slowly in vegetable oil. Remove from skillet and place in bottom of crock pot.
- In same skillet cook onion and celery just until tender, but not browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 1 minute. Pour sauce over chicken in crock pot.
- Turn crock pot on high for 1st hour and then to low for 3-4 hours.
- Note: If you want sauce thicker, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch during last 30 minutes.
- Wonderful served over buttered rice!
Very flavorful - my husband liked it especially. We doubled the amount of pineapple as we love it so much. Thanks for sharing.
This was quite yummy and easy! I subbed red bell peppers for all the celery and used fresh pineapple. It was a more mild version of sweet & sour, which my husband liked. We served ours over brown rice.