Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Yummy and so easy! Great for those holiday pitch-ins!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed and divided
- Stir together butter, onions, hash browns, soup, milk, cheese, pepper, and 1/2 cups cornflakes.
- Pour into greased crock pot.
- Top with remaining corn flakes.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
As a mom who doesn't have time to cook regular meals this was quick and easy :) I added a little more milk because it didn't look liquidity enough before putting it in the crock pot but next time I might add an extra can of creme soup instead...I also added ham chunks. Another idea would be adding frozen veggies ;) forgot to buy them...this recipe has so many opportunities!
So yummy! Served this at an office pot luck lunch and it was a big hit. I will definitely make this again! I used cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken, and I think next time I will use less butter. Thanks for a great recipe!!