Recipe by jean
This easy, tasty soup will warm you up on a cold winter's night.
Top Review by mayness
This deserves 5 stars just for the idea of using a slaw mix, ground beef, and canned tomatoes to throw together an easy meal that's super healthy and contains all REAL food. I wasn't sure it would be flavorful enough as written, but it was really good! I used low-sodium broth so I needed to add salt, and plain diced tomatoes so I added some garlic powder. I also left out the celery and doubled the slaw, for which I used a broccoli slaw mix.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar