Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy crock pot stew that also makes great leftovers.
Make and share this Crock Pot Hamburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup macaroni, cooked and drained (elbow works well)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Crumble beef into crock pot.
- Add seasons and soup mix.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce and soy sauce.
- Add celery and carrots.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Skim off fat.
- Add macaroni and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and heat for 10-15 minutes.
I didn't have the onion soup, so I added 1/2 onion chopped,I also added frozen vegtables, no carrots in house. Yummy! Even the hard to please hubby liked it. Thanks for sharing. Maryanne
This was really good. I did add an onion though. I also added some extra pasta water to thin it out a bit. It was almost a stew (and would have been great over rice) but I wanted a soup. I did leave it overnight and just scooped up the congealed fat to reduce the calories. Thanks gojenni714