My husband gave this 5 stars. Very delicious! You can brown the beef a day ahead and assemble the next morning. Sometimes I'll add extra ground beef, onions and minced garlic or add ground red pepper for some spice.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (1 envelope)
- 2⁄3 ounce Italian salad dressing mix (1 envelope)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon season salt
- 14 ounces beef broth (1 can)
- 14 ounces chicken broth (1 can)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (preferably lite)
- 1 cup celery, slices
- 1 cup carrot, slices (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or shredded-which will blend better!)
- shredded parmesan cheese
- cooked macaroni
- Brown beef, onions and garlic. Drain, and add 1/4 cup of flour and mix.
- To crock pot add: beef mix, onion soup mix, salad dressing mix, pepper, season salt, beef & chicken broth, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, celery, carrots, italian seasoning, and soy sauce.
- Cook for 8 hours.
- Cook macaroni.
- In saucepan make roux: melt butter on low and add 2 tablespoons of flour. Add to crock pot.
- Add 1/4 cup parmesan to crock pot.
- Serve over macaroni.
- Serve and top with shredded parmesan.