My husband gave this 5 stars. Very delicious! You can brown the beef a day ahead and assemble the next morning. Sometimes I'll add extra ground beef, onions and minced garlic or add ground red pepper for some spice.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (1 envelope)
- 2⁄3 ounce Italian salad dressing mix (1 envelope)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon season salt
- 14 ounces beef broth (1 can)
- 14 ounces chicken broth (1 can)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (preferably lite)
- 1 cup celery, slices
- 1 cup carrot, slices (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or shredded-which will blend better!)
- shredded parmesan cheese
- cooked macaroni
- Brown beef, onions and garlic. Drain, and add 1/4 cup of flour and mix.
- To crock pot add: beef mix, onion soup mix, salad dressing mix, pepper, season salt, beef & chicken broth, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, celery, carrots, italian seasoning, and soy sauce.
- Cook for 8 hours.
- Cook macaroni.
- In saucepan make roux: melt butter on low and add 2 tablespoons of flour. Add to crock pot.
- Add 1/4 cup parmesan to crock pot.
- Serve over macaroni.
- Serve and top with shredded parmesan.
This soup was really good! So flavorful! My husband looked at me and said, "I really like this!" My 8 year old daughter asked if she could take the leftovers in her thermas for lunch. Rainning today, so I wanted to make soup! I wish I would have found this recipe earlier in the fall. I used low sodium broths and omitted the extra seasoning salt. I added some onion and garlic powder. 1 small potatoe and I used really small shells for the pasta. Topped with parmsean, cheddar, jack cheese, and sour cream. I wasn't sure about it at first. I thought I was gonna be ordering pizza. For some reason, I thought I wasn't going to like it. Probably because of the tomatoey look. But, instead I wish I would of doubled the recipe. Will be using this for winters to come. Thank You!!!
We loved this. I followed the recipe as written other then I forgot to add the butter and flour mixture after cooking. I couldn't find an 8 ounce can of diced tomatoes so I used a 15 ounce can. I also cooked 16 ounces of macaroni and added to the crockpot at the end of cooking. We topped with grated parmesan. We all enjoyed this. It also heated up nicely the next day.
We gave this 5 stars. My husband loved it. And easy to make. I used a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes and used small shells for the pasta. I added the cooked pasta to the soup rather than put the soup on top of the pasta. Great for a winter meal!