- 24 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced
- 6 ounces no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 24 fluid ounces reduced-sodium beef broth or 24 fluid ounces stock
- seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, sauté the onions until they are all starting to turn brown.
- Add the ground beef, sauté until it is browned and drain thoroughly; place in crock pot.
- Add the carrots, celery and cabbage.
- In a bowl, whisk together the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth/stock.
- Add mixture to crock pot and stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.