Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy and inexpensive, but so yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can milk (soup can)
- Spray crock pot with non stick vegetable spray.
- Layer potatoes, onions and hamburger until all is used, sprinkling each layer very lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix soup and milk together and pour over top.
- Cook 3 to 4 hours on high.
I made this for our supper last night and we enjoyed it very much. I was a little leary after reading some reviews about not having enough seasoning, but decieded to not add extra seasoning until we have tried it. I made sure I liberally seasoned each layer (I think I had 5 potato layers all together) with salt and pepper. In the end, I'm glad we didn't add anything extra ( and we like well seasoned food), it was perfect. Thank yo for sharing this easy penny pinching meal.
I used this recipe for the basis of our dinner tonight. I browned the hamburger, added the onion and garlic, then the soup and milk. I let this simmer down just a bit then added half a bag of hashbrowns and then topped this with montery jack cheese. Seasoned to taste with salt and pepper .... thanks for a meal my 3 yr old called "Delicious"
I made this recipe and at the very best I can say that it's a low end meal. I had to do so many tweaks that it became a different dinner. The posters that said they made it and like either have no tastes or there lying.If I could give it a minus score I would and food.com should be embarrassed for posting crap like this.