Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy and inexpensive, but so yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can milk (soup can)
- Spray crock pot with non stick vegetable spray.
- Layer potatoes, onions and hamburger until all is used, sprinkling each layer very lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix soup and milk together and pour over top.
- Cook 3 to 4 hours on high.
I made this for our supper last night and we enjoyed it very much. I was a little leary after reading some reviews about not having enough seasoning, but decieded to not add extra seasoning until we have tried it. I made sure I liberally seasoned each layer (I think I had 5 potato layers all together) with salt and pepper. In the end, I'm glad we didn't add anything extra ( and we like well seasoned food), it was perfect. Thank yo for sharing this easy penny pinching meal.
I used this recipe for the basis of our dinner tonight. I browned the hamburger, added the onion and garlic, then the soup and milk. I let this simmer down just a bit then added half a bag of hashbrowns and then topped this with montery jack cheese. Seasoned to taste with salt and pepper .... thanks for a meal my 3 yr old called "Delicious"
It is a fine base recipe for how to cook this in a crockpot. For flavor, could add 1/2 cup sour cream and just 1/4 cup or so milk, and add nutmeg, maybe some allspice, parsley to have it be like swedish meatball gravy. Great for people who like blander meals, it is what it is, and it did the job for us. I would slice the potatoes thinner or use hash browns if want to hurry this recipe along....