Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
And now for something a little different in your crock pot.
Make and share this Crock Pot Hamburger Chow Mein recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs crumbled and cooked ground beef, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onions or 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (or use fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup rice (or so)
- 2 -4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock or 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water
- chow mein noodles
- In crock pot put all ingredients from beef to brown sugar and stir until incorporated.
- Do not put all the water in--just enough to barely cover the ingredients (rice will absorb water as it cooks).
- Cook on low.
- After 4-6 hours, mix in 1-2 cups more water until mixture is somewhat runny.
- Add the cornstarch/water mix and turn on high for about 20 minutes or so.
- Serve over chow mein noodles.