1/5 Photos of Crock Pot Hamburger Cabbage Casserole-Revised
4 hrs 30 mins
Ernie's Bert's Note:
Last year I posted this recipe from another Weight Watchers member at a meeting. With the helpful comments from other 'Zaar' members, I made some adjustments. If you like cabbage rolls but not the work of making them, this is a perfect recipe for you. There is a similar recipe posted on the 'Zaar', but this one has a few differences and is worth the try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups shredded cabbage or 6 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon mixed Italian spices
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (25 ounce) can light spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (if you like a little more spice substitute 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with chilies and 1 14 oz. can)
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1Place 3 cups or 1/2 bag of cabbage in bottom of crock pot.
- 2Brown beef with onions, garlic salt, and Italian mixed spices in non-stick skillet and drain.
- 3Put beef on top of cabbage, and then do the same with the rice.
- 4Top with remaining cabbage, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Combine spaghetti sauce, water, tomatoes, basil, and seasoned salt in a bowl.
- 6Pour sauce mixture over top of cabbage.
- 7Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- 8Makes 6 servings with each serving size being 1 1/4 heaping cups.
- 9For all Weight Watchers folks, this is 4 points per serving and is very filling.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Hamburger Cabbage Casserole-Revised
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 190.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
95% lean ground beef
light spaghetti sauce