Last year I posted this recipe from another Weight Watchers member at a meeting. With the helpful comments from other 'Zaar' members, I made some adjustments. If you like cabbage rolls but not the work of making them, this is a perfect recipe for you. There is a similar recipe posted on the 'Zaar', but this one has a few differences and is worth the try.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage or 6 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon mixed Italian spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (25 ounce) can light spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (if you like a little more spice substitute 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with chilies and 1 14 oz. can)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Place 3 cups or 1/2 bag of cabbage in bottom of crock pot.
- Brown beef with onions, garlic salt, and Italian mixed spices in non-stick skillet and drain.
- Put beef on top of cabbage, and then do the same with the rice.
- Top with remaining cabbage, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, water, tomatoes, basil, and seasoned salt in a bowl.
- Pour sauce mixture over top of cabbage.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Makes 6 servings with each serving size being 1 1/4 heaping cups.
- For all Weight Watchers folks, this is 4 points per serving and is very filling.