1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Ham & Cauliflower Chowder
6 hrs 45 mins
6 hrs 30 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Crock pot E-Z; creamy, chunky fully-bodied chowder using cubed leftover ham and Half and Half(substitute, if you choose) to tempt your taste buds. Even better next day or can be frozen in muffins cups zipped tightly into large plastic bag for individual use later. Base recipe from internet with my upgrades. I'm trying it over rice as an encore; whaddya think?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 -3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4-1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1Steam trimmed whole head of cauliflower with stalk down for about 6 minutes.
- 2Remove and cool to handle.
- 3Break off florets and finely dice stalk.
- 4In cast iron skillet, sauté onion and celery in butter or oil over Medium-High heat until softened.
- 5Add diced ham and saute 1 minutes.
- 6Place all ingredients EXCEPT Half and Half and cheddar cheese in crock pot.
- 7Stir to blend.
- 8Cook on LOW for 6 hours; extract 2 cups of chowder and add 3 tablespoons potato flakes and puree in blender until smooth; return to crock pot.
- 9Add Half and Half; and cook 30 mins.to 1 hour.
- 10Sprinkle individual servings with cheddar cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Ham & Cauliflower Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.6
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 738.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 15.9 g