1/5 Photos of Crock Pot Ham Bone and Beans
8 hrs 30 mins
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Many variations to Ham Bone (or Hocks) and beans but this is pretty much how I remember it from my childhood. I find by not soaking the beans they have better texture and flavor.I use Great Northern Beans as my favorite choice of bean for this recipe. I have used 15 bean mix with good results just omit the ham flavor packet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add onion and celery to crock pot.
- 2Place ham bone or hocks on top of onion and celery.
- 3Pour rinsed beans around ham and sprinkle with pepper.
- 4Add bay leaves and garlic.
- 5Add chicken stock and stir to combine all ingredients cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 6When ham is tender (6-7 hours) Remove meat from bones (discarding fat and bones) and return meat to the pot. Stir to combine and break up ham pieces.
- 7To thicken smash some of the beans on the side of crock pot.
- 8When done skim any fat off and discard bay leaves.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Ham Bone and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.8
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: