Recipe by i_luv_chocolate
This recipe has been in my family for years. Both my mom and grandma have made it, and it's always great served with cornbread. My grandma loves to add diced onions when she serves it and I actually prefer it that way too, but you can add whatever you would like to it. Very simple and inexpensive meal.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash beans and (make sure there are no rocks) in them.
- Soak beans in bowl of water in fridge overnight.
- Dice ham and transfer ham and beans to crock pot.
- Season with salt and add enough water to cover ingredients.
- Cook in crock pot for 6-8 hours.
- Check periodically to make sure there is enough water to cover beans as it cooks, also checking for doneness and tenderness of ham and beans. Serve with cornbread.
- Can also add diced onion when serving. (optional).