Recipe by Sonya01
some thing for me to try in the crock pot.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
This was easy to make and made the whole house smell delicious. Next time I will omit the salt because it was a little too salty for my taste. I am assuming the cream of tartar and water mixture is to keep the potatoes from turning brown. It worked very well. Made for August, 2009 Bevy Tag.
- 8 slices ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 10 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (420 g) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss sliced potatoes in 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar and 1 cup water. Drain.
- Put half of ham, potatoes, and onions in crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and.
- pepper, then grated cheese. Repeat with remaining half. Spoon undiluted soup over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook in crock pot on low 8 to 10 hours. (High:.
- 4 hours).