Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
some thing for me to try in the crock pot.
- 8 slices ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 10 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (420 g) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- Toss sliced potatoes in 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar and 1 cup water. Drain.
- Put half of ham, potatoes, and onions in crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and.
- pepper, then grated cheese. Repeat with remaining half. Spoon undiluted soup over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook in crock pot on low 8 to 10 hours. (High:.
- 4 hours).
This was easy to make and made the whole house smell delicious. Next time I will omit the salt because it was a little too salty for my taste. I am assuming the cream of tartar and water mixture is to keep the potatoes from turning brown. It worked very well. Made for August, 2009 Bevy Tag.
Made for April 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap. The kids and I liked it. DH wasn't fond of it. A great combination I thought. The house smelled wonderful upon returning from a long day! Thanks for sharing.
I forgot to edit the first...sorry! I gave it 5 stars. I don't use canned soups and I had to make the creamof mushroom soup from scratch. So it may have altered it a little bit, but I have to tell you that it was really scrumptious and DH.. my trustworthy taste tester loved it! I used left over ham I baked and fresh mushrooms in my soup and it looked wonderful! Other than the cream of mushroom soup I had to make, I thought this was very easy and convenient to make. I was worried about getting it cooked on time so I set it on high for about 4 hours and finished it off on low til for an additional 5 hours more. I sliced my potatoes thin and cut the ham up. I wasn't sure about the type of ham so I went with my experience and was quite pleased with the results! This was for PAC March 09 Jelly :)