Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This dish is warm and filling on a cold winter night. It's also great in the summer because it doesn't heat up the kitchen cooked in the crock pot. A salad and crusty bread make this a complete meal.
- 6 cups red potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- In crock pot, combine potatoes, ham, corn, green pepper, and onion.
- Mix soup, milk, flour, and garlic pepper in a small bowl.
- Beat with whisk until smooth and stir into potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 9 hours or until potatoes are tender.
I really enjoyed this recipe because not only was it delicious but it didn't keep me cooped up in the kitchen all day. Crockpot recipes are great!
I enjoyed this and my cousin loved it. I too found that it was very watery and so tried the suggestion of adding shredded cheddar cheese which helped a great deal. Perhaps more flour would help too? This was good comfort food and I could see making it again.
I had to add 1 cup of milk and 3 handfulls of shredded cheddar cheese 1 hour before it was done but it turned out great. My daughter is 21 months and can be picky and she loved this! Also makes great left overs.