1/9 Photos of Crock Pot Ham and Beans
Sue Lau's Note:
This is cheap eating at it's best. Really good for scraping by at the end of the month if your cash gets low. Goes best with freshly baked corn muffins drizzled with honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dried great northern beans (mixed if desired) or 1 lb other dried beans (mixed if desired)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 lb smoked ham or 1 lb ham hock
- 6 cups water or 6 cups broth
- 1Sort beans and soak in enough water to cover overnight.
- 2Or you may sort them and place in a saucepan with 2-inches of water to cover.
- 3Bring them to a boil, boil for 3 minutes, then cover and remove from heat.
- 4Allow to sit for one hour after boiling (don't lift the lid).
- 5Whichever method you use, rinse and drain the beans before placing them in the crock pot.
- 6Put the rinsed beans, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, parsley, cloves, ham (chopped into large chunks) or ham hocks into the crock pot along with 6 cups water or broth.
- 7Cover crock, and cook on low for about 8 hours, or until beans are tender and creamy.
- 8Skim any excess fat, if necessary, before serving.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Ham and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (653 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 2208.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 51.7 g