Recipe by TheDancingCook
I just had to post this gem.....these chops are so very tender and so very flavorful; it's also a simple crock pot recipe. My family loved this. This really could be considered a "one dish meal", because of the rice and veggies in the soup. But you can serve this with some extra rice, if you like. This recipe is courtesy of the Fix It and Forget It Cookbook.
- 4 pork chops (I prefer boneless)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons oil, for browning
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chicken gumbo soup
- steamed rice, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, garlic powder and mustard; dredge chops to coat.
- In a skillet, heat oil and brown chops; place chops in a crock pot and pour skillet drippings over chops.
- In the same skillet, add the soup and stir to loosen brown bits from the pan; pour this over the chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over or with steamed rice, if desired.